Freya-LZ (FuMG-42G) was produced by GEMA Germany in November 1941. The base of the radar was designed as standardized constructtion for frequently changing location in the battle area. The radar station was powered by an external 380V generator. Later versions of the Freya-LZ were named FuMG-401. These were redesigned for longer range. The Luftwaffe used Freya radar successfully in collaboration with Wurtzburg-Riese. 400 units of Freya radar were produced.